New! Construction Rules & Regulations (2014 Amendments) Course Outline
This Course is Validated By:
Duration: 1 Day [9am – 3:30pm]
Price: R2999 Per Delegate
Platfoam: Zoom Meeting
This Course Includes:
This course is aimed at the built environment professionals, whose work related activities, involves the management and control of occupational health and safety issues on construction projects.
This course is accredited by the Engineering Council of South Africa (ECSA) with 1 CPD Points, the South African Council for the Project and Construction Management Professions (SACPCMP) with 6 CPD hours.
An introduction to and history of the Construction Regulations of 2014
- Objectives of the regulations and context of the laws within the Occupational Health and Safety Act.
Permit to work systems
- Definition of construction work and the reasons for the permit system, when to apply and to whom.
- When and how to notify the Provincial Chief Inspector of intended construction work, as well as legal responsibilities of interested and affected parties, are thoroughly explained.
- Clients, agents, designers, principle contractors, contractors and subcontractors and the management and supervision of construction work.
Appointment and responsibilities
- Construction managers, assistant construction managers, construction health & safety officers, competence and professional registration of these persons (SACPCMP).
Type of risk assessments, risk assessments on construction sites with specific reference to baseline risk assessments.
What should be included into the specifications?
- Specifications and requirements stipulated by the various construction regulations including fall protection, structures, temporary works, excavation, demolition work, tunnelling, scaffolding, suspended platforms, rope access work, material hoists, bulk mixing plants, explosive actuated fastening devices, cranes, construction vehicles and mobile plants.
Construction health & safety technical committee and approved inspection authorities health & safety plan
- Implementing a health & safety plan.
- Legal Appointments relevant to Construction work.
Related laws, regulations and documentation
- OHSA of 1993 and local authority prescriptions.
- Records and data to be kept.
What other delegates say about this course.
“Everything was to my satisfaction. Course was informative and interactive”
“The course was informative and reminds one not to undermine or take regulations for granted.”
“My overall experience of the course was super interesting and I gained some refreshment in some of topics.”
Head Office | Cape Town
Tel: 087 711 0022
Cell: 081 748 3482
Project Risk Management
Estimating & Tendering
Supervisory Skills on Site
Report Writing Skills
Project Risk Management
Help & Support
Copyrights © 2021 CPD MANAGEMENT & CONSULTING SERVICES. All rights reserved.